David Asher, Trevor Warmedahl, Amy Halloran, Ellie Markovitch, Dawn Woodward, Naomi Duguid, Alex Gunuey, Laura Valli, William Rubel, Christine Krauss, Ken Fornataro, Daniel Gray, Zuza Zak, John Hutt, Maroua Jellibi, Sean Doherty, Peiman Khosravi, Kinga Vincze, Renu Anshie Dhar, Amy Kalafa, Eiko Takahashi, Heather Willensky, Zev Robinson
Bakers and Chefs and Fermenters and Friends from around the world demonstrate how they ferment whole grains and flours of all kinds into traditional and new forms.
These events are recorded, and subscribers to the entire series can watch them until the end of the year. Some sessions are live, others are recorded. This is a month long benefit for WCK.
Please use PayPal.me/FermentsandCultures and note what it’s for.
Friday, April 29th
- Time and Nature, Making Vatrushky with different fillings, Piroshky using Multipurpose sourdough Recipe – (Amy Halloran and Ellie Markovitch) Live 12 PM -1:30 PM EST
- Sechskornbrot (six grains and seeds bread) and Whole Wheat Sourdough Flatbread (Sangak)(Peiman Khosravi)
- Whole Grain Khamiri (Whole Wheat Sourdough Flatbread), Dosa (Urad Dal and Rice), Bajra Roti (unleavened millet), Amritsari Kulcha (unleavened, laminated, stuffed bread) – Renu Anshie Dhar
- Whole Grain Fermented Dumplings and Whole Grain Misos (Live ) Eiko Takahashi 4 PM EST
Saturday, April 30th
- 11 – 12 PM EST Comparing approaches of pastoral/agropastoral cultures to dairying, cheese making, and land use: Mongolia, Sicily and Albania. (Trevor Warmedahl) Live
- 12- 1 PM EST The Traditions of Ukrainian Dairy Fermentation David Asher (Live)
- 1:30 to 3 PM EST Real Bread Bakers by Zev Robinson of TheArtandPoliticsofEating.com with panel discussion on how bread, community, nutrition and agriculture are closely intertwined – (Zev Robinson, Naomi Duguid, John Hutt and William Rubel) Live
- Sourdough Yeast Extract and Applications (Heather Willensky)
- Kaja’s Sour Milk Lady with Berries, Zurek, Hemp Seed Butter, Kama, Winter Kvass (Zuza Zak)
April Flours is our month long benefit for #wckitchen to feed the people of Ukraine. $45 for a year of viewing event related videos and live sessions and edited replays when available. We have been uploading new videos as we go along. These videos are always in the showcase for the event, regardless of when you donate.
We have turned the final week into two days with many sessions. To register just for one or both days we are asking for a $15 donation for each day. Some of the sessions each day are pre-recorded, others are live. No replays are promised unless you donate $45 for the entire month, however.
An annual subscription of $75 to Ferments and Cultures – or creating a video for any event during 2022 also gets you in. Full subscribers to Ferments and Cultures have access to hundreds of videos in our library as well as past, present and future events of 2022.